Keep up with the latest educational news by visiting the web feeds below:
News and features from BBC News - Education and Family
- Could student loans ruling mean the system is redesigned?
The ONS is about to announce how it will treat student loans in the national accounts. Will it lead…
- Young homeless blocked from renting, says report
Only one in five landlords would let to a young person who has been homeless, says report.
- Primary school tables: Poor pupils won't catch up for 50 years
As primary school league tables are published, we reveal how long it will take for poor pupils to ca…
- Suffolk teacher jailed for having sex with two pupils
The judge said the defendant's text messages recorded his activities in "explicit detail".
- 'Racist' law society disbanded by University of Exeter
The Bracton Law Society at the University of Exeter has been disbanded following a major review.
- With three D grades at A-level, 80% got university places
University admissions figures show this was a good year for students looking for places.
- Teenage victims 'more likely to self-harm'
Schemes to stop adolescents becoming victims may lower the likelihood of them self-harming, a study…
- Young highly sceptical of social mobility
Many young adults think your social background gets you further in life than talent, a survey says.
- Child advice chatbots fail to spot sexual abuse
Two leading chat apps also struggled with questions about drugs and bulimia.
- Ethnic minority academics earn less than white colleagues
BBC analysis shows a 26% ethnic pay gap at some of the UK's best-known universities.
Latest Newsround stories
- Changing Faces calls for the way villains look in movies to change
Charity Changing Faces calls for the way villains look in films to change.
- World Cup: Which Belgium player should England be worried about?
England play their final group match against Belgium, but which star player should England be worrie…
- Smoking: Should it be banned at the school gates?
A group of school children have had enough of adults smoking near school gates, so they decided to d…
- Can you guess which singer this is?
Here's a clue - she's pretty famous!
- Sir David Attenborough: 'I'm astonished' by Blue Planet plastic impact
The wildlife expert says he's been wowed by how much people are doing to tackle plastic in the ocean…