Keep up with the latest educational news by visiting the web feeds below:
News and features from BBC News - Education and Family
- Young people 'face debt epidemic'
A quarter of 18- to 30-year olds in England and Wales borrow to make ends meet, a survey suggests.
- Quarter of 14-year-old girls 'have signs of depression'
The findings come from 10,000 young people's views and make worrying reading, say UK researchers.
- Domestic abuse: Focus more on children, says Ofsted
Schools must educate children about healthy relationships, say inspectors.
- Housing money wasted 'propping up rents'
There are calls for changes to the way the lack of affordable housing is tackled in England.
- Schools break law on religious education, research suggests
RE teachers in England fear pupils who do not study the subject will be unprepared for modern life.
- SATs for seven-year-olds scrapped from 2023
Key Stage 1 tests in England are to to end but nine-year-olds will sit times table tests.
- 'Historic' schools funding change confirmed
Government confirms minimum per pupil funding levels but Labour says it's a real terms cut, due to i…
- Academics uncover 30 words 'lost' from English language
Ear-rent, slug-a-bed and merry-go-sorry are among the words that academics want to revive.
- Honorary degree given to Sidmouth centenarian
Marjorie Hodnett trained to be a teacher in 1934, little did she know she would be graduating in 201…
- Wolverton Grammar School celebrate 70-year reunion
A group of friends met at the Buckinghamshire school in the 1940s.
Latest Newsround stories
- Huge earthquake hits central Mexico
Rescuers are working hard to help people after a huge earthquake hits central Mexico.
- Hurricane Maria heads to Puerto Rico
Hurricane Maria has hit the Virgin Islands and is now heading towards the island of Puerto Rico.
- Cressida Cowell on her new book, The Wizards of Once
How to Train Your Dragon author Cressida Cowell is back with a brand new book - it's all about wizar…
- Inside the Shed of the Year!
The Mushroom House belongs to Harry Potter fan Elsie.
- David Baddiel on dementia: 'Don't be frightened of it'
Author David Baddiel's dad has dementia. He has some advice if you know someone with the disease.